Sitting down for movie ticket bookings for the first time but not quite sure about the process? Well, treat this as a guide on the way forward. The process more or less remains the same, irrespective of the site or App you use. While choosing a reseller site or App, it is essential to make sure of two things – the reputation of the reseller in the market in context of facilitating online bookings and the security of the site/App for you to share your personal information. Reading reviews of previous customers, checking for expert advice and speaking to your trusted circle of friends, colleagues and family is a good way of gauging a reliable App or site. Some of the better-known retailers in the industry today are PhonePe, MobiKwik and Paytm that offer trustworthy and secure services.
The steps for conducting online movie tickets booking are: –
- Open the site or App. Click on the icon that represents ‘Movies’.
- Choose your area, city or the location where you prefer to watch the movie.
- A list of all the current movies that are being shown in your preferred area or city will open up.
- Select the movie that you wish to watch.
- A list of all the movie halls that are featuring the movie will show up.
- Alongside, select the date and choose from the show timing that suits your requirement.
- Once done, a small pop-up window will open wherein you can block the number of seats as per your choice. It will show all the seats that are available for sale in the theater for a particular show.
- Next is the payment screen. You need to now choose your preferred payment mode. In case of using a card (credit or debit) you would be required to feed in your card number, expiry date and CVV number. In case of paying by Net Banking, it will ask you to type in your account number or customer number and password.
- You will be required to wait for few seconds after inputting this data for movie tickets If the payment is processed successfully, you will receive a confirmation number. In case your phone number and email id is registered with the particular reseller, you will be sent the confirmation via email and SMS on your phone number.
On the day of the show, you can carry a printout of the e-ticket or you can also collect the tickets in person before the show. The pre-requisite here is that the card holder needs to be present himself during the physical collection of the tickets from the counter and has to show a valid ID card. You can alternatively, also take a screenshot of the QR code of the ticket and show it at the entry. In the event that the SMS or the email confirmation has failed to reach you on time, you can access the reseller’s App or site, login and retrieve the booking ID from the system. This is applicable, however, only for registered users.